Friday, December 5, 2008

YouTube, I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down

This just reminds me of being in college and drinking in a dorm room. Also "Tiny Dancer" is a fucking great song, so don't try to tell me otherwise. Elton John's version is probably a little bit better, but this is amusing. But this is the kind of stream of conscience association that continues to draw me back to YouTube this week. It's magnetic. I really only ended up looking back at this because I was reading about the announcement of the Grammy nominees and then I was reading about the show that happened after the nomination ceremony. I heard that The Foo Fighters cover Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" and that made me want to find that video, which I did, so I was writing this post and I remembered how Dave Grohl always seems to be covering something and then it lead me, mentally, back to college, when I loved this cover (now I think it's ok, but that's how it goes, I used to really like The Bronx too).



I still don't get this one but this was Rebecca Porte's GChat status (sorry for exposing any secrets this might be a front for). It's really funny, not that I really understand why it's funny, it just is.



This was left on my computer at my desk at work and I just keep watching it. It's not really funny. Nothing happens. But I keep going back and watching it again and shamefully laughing to myself.



And then (as another example of how this goes) when I was trying to think of a band I liked when college started, that wasn't too embarrassing, but just embarrassing enough to make my point, I came up with The Bronx, and a video popped into my head. So, I tracked it down and posted a link to it. Then I watched it. Now I've decided that the video is still really great. It's like a B-Movie in three minutes. Now I'm posting that.



As long as I'm posting videos you should see the new video for LCD Soundsystem's "New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down," it stars Kermit in New York singing, with James Murphy in his ass.

No comments: