Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Group Activity Poems

I've just recently had a bunch of my Group Activity series of poems published in a few places. "15." is up at Right Hand Pointing, interrupture just published "19." and "22.", and the Minnetonka Review (who sadly just announced their final issue) just posted the poems from the issue I was in a little while back, which includes "14.", "10.0", and "5.".

I've been calling this series of poems Group Activity Poems, but they're part of a MS-in-progress I'm calling Activity, Group. But I only mention that because I found a great quote from Nabokov about group activities.

By nature I am no dramatist; I am not even a hack scenarist; but if I had given as much of myself to the stage or the screen as I have to the kind of writing which serves a triumphant life sentence between the covers of a book, I would have advocated and applied a system of total tyranny, directing the play or picture myself, choosing settings and costumes, terrorizing the actors, pervading the entire show with the will and art of one individual--for there is nothing in the world that I loathe more than group activity, that communal bath where the hairy and slippery mix in a multiplication of mediocrity.

No comments: