Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Thoroughly Self-Interested Post About What People I Know, or People I Like, Are Doing

David wrote a piece that made me go straight to Alibris and purchase two books by Bill Holms. Holm's passed away earlier this week. David wrote about him for Guernica.

> > > > >

Crack in Damn just joined MySpace and posted some new songs. You should be their friend, I like them. These new tracks are really great. Stand by for east coast touring.

> > > > >

Bob Boilen, on All Songs Considered, is claiming that 2009 is already a better year in music that 2008. His number one album of 2009? The Antlers' Hospice Nice. I would have to agree. It's great.
The Antlers have a CD release show at Union Hall (Brooklyn) on Thursday. I am going to go to this. It's going to be great.
There is a listening party on Tuesday, at (Le) Poisson Rouge, for their new album. Open bar from 9-10. It's true. I'm not a liar. At least right now I'm not.

> > > > >

Brad has a great new poem on The Daily Poem Factory Machine called "I Don't Even Know How Whitney Houston Got My Number." It's a marvelous thing. Really.

> > > > >

Marlon James had a review of his new novel, The Book of Night Women, published in the New York Times Sunday Book Review. They liked it. You might as well. I'm not sure, maybe you should read the review.
Marlon is reading at Common Good Books in St. Paul at the end of the month. You could do this instead of reading the NYT review.

> > > > >

Kendra Grant Malone has a new flash fiction piece posted at NanoFiction. Which I site I am just discovering and I think it has some really great stuff.

> > > > >

The Music Slut is giving away free tickets to the Cut Copy DJ Set at LPR.

> > > > >

Haley Bonar just did a Daytrotter session. It's pretty good.

> > > > >

The New Yorker just published an excerpt from the IRS novel David Foster Wallace was finishing when he died. It will be released...at some point

> > > > >

Cursive is giving away their new album Mama, I'm Swollen for $1 today. It goes up $1 every day until it comes out on 03.10. It's ok. Worth the $1 I paid.

> > > > >

Oh, and, I've said this, but there is new InDigest up. It has Mackenzie Epping, Kate Casanova, Charles Greene, Ashleigh Lambert, and Mandy Herrick.

> > > > >

I wrote stuff recently at Rift, Tiny Mix Tapes, and f10.

2 comments:

Kendra Grant Malone said...

thanks for the link darling!

drinks soon.

Unknown said...

Yes, I'm in.