Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Cost of War



This has all been said before, in one form or another, but it's been awhile (for me anyways) since I've herd specifics on war spending. It's pretty easy to fall into a lull or just allowing the war to settle into the back of your mind when you're against it. It's been five years and anyone against the war has to feel a little tired at this point. You have to feel a little helpless. You've protested, you've written letters to congress, signed petitions, but what has come of it? Nothing yet. But it's good to be reminded that you still care and that others are still thinking about it and trying to do something. It feels just as futile, but it is heartening, somehow. I can't vouch for the group that made this video, I read a bit about them, seems as though they are doing some good stuff, but I don't know enough to really endorse this, I just thought it was a good reminder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listening to: The Gilded Age - EP
Watching: Lost in Beijing
Reading: Selected Poems of Pablo Neruda

No comments: